Blended families are more prone to dispute than is the case with first relationships and face a range of challenges, practically and legally. Superannuation, estate planning and family law disputes can often be avoided with proper planning and strategic decision making.
The paper covers:
- what is a blended family?
- issues associated with estate planning for blended families;
- strategies considering the blended family characteristics;
- control issues for testamentary trusts and existing trusts; and
- additional steps to ensure the testator’s wishes are carried out.
If you have any questions on this presentation or would like further information, please contact: