When it comes to employment, industrial relations and occupational health & safety the law is frequently changing and very complex.
At Sladen Legal our team of experienced employment and safety lawyers will assist you to navigate the complexities of these areas of the law. We work with our clients to ensure they understand their rights and obligations and provide strategic assistance to minimise and manage the risk of disputes and exposure of risks to employee safety as well as OH&S prosecutions.
We can help you with:
- Preparing and rolling out employment agreements and HR policies
- Assisting with independent contractor arrangements including providing advice and appropriate contracts
- Advising on all employment and safety aspects involved in buying and selling businesses
- Award interpretation
- All aspects of enterprise agreement making from formulating strategies to drafting agreements, assisting with negotiations and providing representation in the Fair Work Commission
- All matters regarding compliance with employment laws, including superannuation and managing ill and injured workers
- Assistance in managing Work Cover claims and disputes with your Work Cover insurer
- Developing appropriate performance management systems and providing assistance with the process
- Developing anti-discrimination, harassment and bullying policies, training staff regarding same and defending claims that are brought
- All aspects of termination of employment
- Representation in all employment related litigation including unfair dismissal and general protections claims as well as contractual claims
- Advising on and defending claims of sham contracting
- Assisting with workforce restructuring and any resulting redundancies
- Fair Work Ombudsman investigations and prosecutions
- Restraints of trade, including preparing appropriate documentation and the enforcement of rights
- Occupational health & safety including developing appropriate policies and procedures, providing training from board level to shop front staff and representation and advice with respect to prosecuting authorities
- Industrial disputes and union issues
- Creating employee incentive schemes.
+61 3 9611 0150
Each quarter we publish a newsletter, Employment Essentials, which covers topical issues in HR and the latest updates in employment law.