Sladen Legal is pleased to announce that the 2016 version of the Trust Structures Guide (written by Sladen Legal and published by The Tax Institute) is now available.
The Trust Structures Guide has long been considered to be invaluable guide for professionals advising on structuring and tax matters relating to trusts.
We have fully revised and updated the Trust Structures Guide to include recent cases, legislation and ATO guidance on tax and trusts law. Revisions include:
- Trustees’ powers to determine income (following Segelov v Ernst & Young Services Pty Ltd  NSWCA 156)
- Trustees’ fiduciary obligations (following Hancock v Rinehart  NSWSC 646)
- Changes to the superannuation concessional contributions caps, the 10% rule for deductions on contributions, non-arm's length income and limited recourse borrowing arrangements, investments in unit trusts, and trustee duties in related party transactions (following Australasian Annuities Pty Ltd (in liq) v Rowley Super Fund Pty Ltd  VSCA 9)
- Trust unpaid present entitlements and interaction with bad debt deductions (ATO TD 2015/D5) and release by corporate beneficiaries
(ATO TD 2015/20)
- Anti-avoidance rules - amendments to Part IVA, updated ATO Practice Statement PS LA 2005/24 and Taxpayer Alerts
- Profit allocation in professional firms and how the ATO Guidelines apply to risk assessment and allocation
- Division 7A and the Board of Taxation’s post-implementation review
- Family Law settlements and the application of trust law principles (following Stanford v Stanford  HCA 52)
- Resettlement considerations (following Oswal v FC of T  FCA 745)
- GST considerations (following Anderson v FC of T  AATA 167)
- Trust Law Reform developments.
For more information contact: