Phil’s presentation considered a number of issues in relation to the holding of real estate in SMSFs and the transfer of real estate in and out of SMSFs, including:
- Options for transferring real estate from related parties into SMSFs – sale versus terms contract versus contribution;
- Developing real estate in an SMSF;
- Holding real estate indirectly with the use of structures;
- Dealing with liquidity issues as members age;
- Paying benefits to members through the transfer of real estate
- Dealing with real estate when paying death benefits.
If you have any questions on this presentation or would like further information, please contact: