Jasmine prides herself on the strength of her client relationships. She believes that lawyers need to be customer-centric problem solvers who partner with business to achieve their commercial objectives. She’s not afraid to do things differently and is at her happiest when she is getting results for her clients. She understands that every business was once somebody’s dream and brings that awareness to her work.
Jasmine practices across all areas of employment law, industrial relations, and discrimination, harassment and bullying.
Jasmine's Principal Areas of Practice:
- business restructuring, including overseeing large scale redundancies and employee issues arising from a transfer of business;
- preparing employment contracts and policies;
- disciplinary issues and performance management, including dealing with difficult employees;
- enterprise agreement negotiation and drafting;
- industrial action contingency planning;
- litigation and dispute resolution;
- workplace investigations, including responding to allegations of discrimination, harassment or bullying;
- independent contractors;
- restraint of trade and protection of confidential information; and
- workplace relations training.
Download a PDF version of Jasmine O'Brien's Professional Profile