Katherine is a Senior Associate of Sladen Legal’s Workplace Relations team.
She has provided workplace relations advice to clients ranging from SMEs to family businesses to some of the largest companies operating in Australia. Her work spans various industries, including retail, transportation, manufacturing and construction.
Katherine has also completed a number of secondments with clients, where she has integrated herself into these businesses including through leading complex enterprise bargaining negotiations. These experiences have resulted in Katherine gaining critical insight into what sort of legal advice enables business to achieve its commercial objectives.
These skills were developed through her six years at a leading employer organization, where she would often provide advice at the “coal-face” and be in the trenches with her clients.
Katherine has experience across all areas of employment law, industrial relations and discrimination.
Katherine’s principal practice areas are:
- restructures, including advising on all obligations arising from the process;
- disciplinary and performance management processes;
- transfer of business matters;
- industrial relations, union negotiations and industrial action strategic planning;
- enterprise agreement negotiation and drafting;
- litigation and disputes including unfair dismissal and general protection applications;
- preparing employment agreements and workplace policies;
- independent contractors/ arrangements;
- workplace investigations including in response to allegations of harassment, bullying and discrimination; and
- restraint of trade and protection of confidential information.
Download a PDF version of Katherine Dennis's Professional Profile