This month Phil Broderick of Sladen Legal presented at The Second Annual Property Taxation Symposium Television Education Network on New Issues with Owning Real Property in an SMSF.
In this paper, Phil examines some of those issues:
- Can an SMSF carry on property development?
- Can an SMSF carry on a business?
- SIS Act considerations
- Tax considerations
- Structures that SMSFs can acquire real estate in
- Recent changes to LRBAs
- Opposition’s proposal to abolish LRBAs
- How do the changes to non-concessional caps affect SMSFs holding real estate?
- Dealing with liquidity issues with SMSFS that hold real estate
- Leaving an SMSF with real estate
If you have any questions on this presentation or would like further information, please contact: