Neil is a Special Counsel in the business law area, with a particular focus on taxation advice and disputes.
Taxation law is a complex area. Neil’s aim is to provide technical expertise to clients, commercially applied and in a friendly and approachable manner.
Neil’s practice involves advice, audits, disputes, and transactions. The client mix includes both family groups and business enterprises. Neil also regularly assists professional advisors, including tax agents, accountants and financial advisors, to understand complex legal issues and help them to better assist their own clients.
Neil is a Chartered Tax Advisor with The Tax Institute and accredited as a specialist in taxation law with the Law Institute of Victoria.
Neil’s areas of practice include:
- company and international taxation;
- mergers and acquisitions;
- capital gains tax;
- Division 7A;
- family trust arrangements;
- cross-border financing;
- inbound and outbound investment;
- foreign currency transactions and the taxation of financial arrangements; and
- goods and services tax (GST).
Professional associations and awards:
- Chartered Tax Adviser - The Tax Institute
- Member of the Law Institute of Victoria’s Taxation and Revenue Law Committee
- Member of The Tax Institute’s SME & Tax Practitioner, GST, and Large Business and International Tax Committees
Download a PDF version of Neil Brydges Professional Profile