Michelle is a Special Counsel who understands the significant value intellectual property can generate for a business or organisation.
Working closely with clients in a broad range of industries, she assists clients to identify, protect, register, commercialise and enforce their intellectual property rights, both in Australia and internationally.
A focus for Michelle’s clients is to develop their intellectual property assets and create revenue streams from commercialising the assets. She combines her commercial and technical skills to advocate for her clients by providing commercial advice, negotiating commercial contracts and drafting commercial agreements that involve intellectual
property to obtain the best commercial outcome for them.
From registration of intellectual property to initiating or defending infringement proceedings, Michelle’s extensive knowledge of intellectual property law and dedication to ascertain the key business drivers of her clients, enables her to deliver a personalised service.
Michelle holds a Master of Laws (Intellectual Property) from Melbourne University.
Michelle’s principal areas of practice are:
- Registration of intellectual property in Australia and overseas
- Identification, protection and compliance advice
- Intellectual property infringement disputes
- Enforcement of intellectual property rights
- Branding advice
- Trade mark opposition proceedings and non-use actions in Australia and overseas
- Managing trade mark portfolios
- IP Audits
- Drafting sale, transfer, assignment and licence agreements
- Drafting commercial contracts including supply, distribution, manufacturing, marketing, services, consultancy, research, confidentiality, sponsorship and royalty agreements.
Download a PDF version of Michelle Dowdle's Professional Profile