We are fierce advocates for private enterprise and apply our superior technical and procedural knowledge to strategically manage and resolve State and Federal tax office investigations, negotiations and litigation.
Our tax disputes team are experts in their field and are widely recognised for their commitment to developing innovative resolutions to tax disputes. They offer a wealth of experience and knowledge in substantive revenue laws, policies and procedures, taxation administrative law, judicial administrative law and tribunal and court rules.
In all tax disputes we adopt a collaborative approach to ensure that we remain dedicated to managing risk and minimising disruption to your business throughout conduct and life of the tax dispute.
We provide tax dispute advice and services in the following areas:
- Questionnaire responses and audit activities
- Informal and formal information and document exchange
- Objections to taxation decisions
- Penalty and interest remission applications
- Settlement negotiations
- Debt enforcement management
- Freedom of Information applications
- Administrative reviews and court appeals and litigation
- Tax agent disciplinary activities