Understanding superannuation and its implications is essential for most business owners, and with frequent reform to the superannuation landscape, it can be a challenge to ensure that they are meeting their super obligations.
While super funds are one of the most tax effective structures, they are also highly regulated and closely supervised. Super fund trustees often require specialised and specific advice, while super benefits, as a major component of many family groups’ wealth, require tailored and specific structuring to ensure that they are paid to the desired beneficiaries in the most tax effective way.
At Sladen Legal, we understand that superannuation is one of the most important structures in a family group and that it should not be looked at in isolation. We pride ourselves on taking a holistic approach to super, to ensure that super funds not only receive up to date advice, but that super is appropriately dealt with from a succession and estate planning perspective. Additionally, we offer a full range of super dispute services, for dealing with regulatory breaches and action by the revenue authorities.
Sladen Legal has some of Australia’s leading superannuation lawyers, specialising in advice and structuring for self managed superannuation funds (SMSFs). Our lawyers are members of leading professional, revenue authority and government committees and consultation forums and are actively involved in shaping the future of super regulation and reform.
Our team provides expert advice in all areas of superannuation, including:
- Regulatory and tax issues affecting super funds
- SMSF compliance requirements
- SMSF investments in private trusts and companies
- Alternative SMSF investment structures
- Tax effective superannuation strategies
- SMSF regulatory and tax disputes
- SMSF succession planning
- SMSF borrowing (limited recourse borrowing arrangements)
- Transferring property into SMSFs
- Transactions involving SMSFs
- Rollover and restructure of funds
- Payment and pension structures
- Establishment of new super funds
- Updating existing super trust deeds
- Incorporating special purpose trust deeds
For superannuation queries, please contact Phil Broderick, Rob Jeremiah or Melissa Colaluca
Employment, IR and OHS
Mergers and Acquisitions
Property and Development
New Super Laws
Tax Consolidation & TSFAs
GST Groups & ITSFAs