Sladen Legal Principal Lawyer - Cyberlaw, Helaine Leggat MAICD, will present the upcoming Australian Institute of Company Directors webinar - 'Notifiable Data Breaches Act 2017 and its implication on Privacy Governance' - on Wednesday 18th July at 12 noon.
Privacy, data privacy or personal identifiable information (PII) is regarded as high value and highly sensitive information. As a director you need to understand your ever changing role in privacy governance, the importance of data retention and protection for your organisation and the consequences of not having oversight on this. This webinar will look at:
- Privacy governance and the Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) Act including:
- What is ‘eligible data breach’?
- When is notification necessary?
- What is ‘remedial action’?
- What must be done to comply?
- The relevance of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in Australia
- Upcoming legislations changes including:
- The new ‘encryption bill’
- Metadata encryption legislation
- What are the broader implications for directors and their organisations in relation to:
- The Corporations Act
- Increased penalties under ASIC
- Fiduciary duties
- Cyber health report
In today’s digital world there is increasing complexity, director liability, reputational and other harm - ensure you can make an informed assessment of these risks for your organisation.