Kristy is an associate in the business law practice group, where she focuses on commercial structuring, income tax advice and assisting startups turn innovative business ideas into realities.
She is driving the growth of the Startups team at Sladen Legal, coordinating the best advice for Startups from a diverse set of legal services from commercial to intellectual property to employment and beyond. Kristy uses her own expertise in commercial structuring and tax and her enthusiasm for innovation and creativity to ensure her clients have the best legal foundation for sustainable growth.
Kristy enjoys working with entrepreneurial clients in both fast-paced enterprises and established businesses throughout their whole journey to not only solve problems but to also identify them before they happen in the first place. She prefers to use her words to review restaurants than bore clients with legal lingo. She prides herself on her commitment to clear actionable advice, client satisfaction and delivering personalised service that exceeds expectations.
Kristy completed her Bachelor of Laws (specialising in Corporate and International Trade Law) and Bachelor of International Relations, majoring in International Business, at Bond University in 2012. She was admitted to legal practice in February 2014.
Kristy’s principal areas of practice include:
- Assisting and supporting early and mid-stage startups
- Tax efficient commercial contracts and transactions
- Design and implementation of tax sensitive business and investment structures
- Federal and State tax law advice
- Trust law advice and structuring
- Wealth preservation and asset protection advice
Professional associations and awards:
- Committee Member of The Tax Institute’s Young Tax Professionals Group
Download a PDF version of Kristy Merganovski's Professional Profile