Intellectual property distinguishes a strong business and gives it an advantage in a competitive environment. It is your brand identity, your vision and your most valuable asset.
At Sladen Legal, we understand the importance of protecting your intellectual property. Our team provides innovative, personalised strategies to ensure that our clients achieve the desired results and outcomes for their business.
We assist clients to protect, commercialise, maintain and enforce their intellectual property by securing assets and ensuring our clients are the ones who rightly benefit from their innovation – now and in the future.
With experience in copyright protection, patents, trade marks and designs, we have the expertise to assist you in securing and using the knowledge and assets of your business. We can also guide you through managing the many issues associated with protecting and enhancing your intellectual property, to ensure the growth of your business.
Trade mark advice forms a core part of our IP practice. To read about the benefits a trade mark can have for your business, you can download a copy of our brochure: Why Register a Trade Mark
We provide expert advice and guidance on:
- IP audits and assessments on current use of IP
- Trade mark applications and registrations
- Design applications
- Creation of IP by your employees and contractors
- Domain name searches and conflict advice
- Licensing and/or assigning IP, including copyright, patents, trade marks and designs
- Contractual arrangements, including supply and distribution, software or website development, trading terms, research and development
- Confidentiality agreements to protect trade secrets and confidential information
- Franchising arrangements for licensor and licensee
- Use of third party IP
- Structure and restructure of businesses for maximum IP protection
- IP portfolio management
- Trade mark watches
- Clearance of advertising and promotional material
- On-going risks of infringing third party IP
- Infringement advice
- Letters of demand and undertakings
- All facets of IP litigation, including misleading and deceptive conduct under the Australian Consumer Law
- Negotiation and settlement of IP disputes
- Conducting and defending trade mark oppositions
- Challenging domain name registrations
For more information on our IP services, you can download a copy of our brochure: Intellectual Property Services Brochure.
For queries, please contact Michelle Dowdle or Gizelle Manoli.